Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lady of Deep Waters (Bonus: Cover Artist Interview) (Blog Version)

Bonus Material: Cover Artist Interview

CoverD

In hopes of entertaining my readers and helping out my cover designers, I have decided to include an interview whenever possible with my Free ’Verse stories.

Question 1: This cover is great. When I saw it, I knew it was perfect for "Lady of Deep Waters." What inspired you to make this cover?

I actually found the image on DeviantArt and thought the image itself looked great but was missing a little something.

That's when I had the idea to add to "magic sparkles" so it looks like they're pouring out of the jug the girl's holding.

Question 2: What are some of your favorite covers to make? That is, what do you shoot for in a cover or what are your favorite subjects?
  
At the moment, since I'm still fairly new to all this, I love making all covers, to be honest. I do like to do composites but it's finding the right images to put together which can be hard.

Question 3: What inspired you to start making covers?

My writing muse has deserted me and I've lost a little of the passion for writing. At the same time, I've dabbled in trying to make covers for myself via Photoshop but found that although I could make covers, they never fit my stories. I also found that I was having more fun creating covers than writing.

Question 4: I understand you are also an author. What do you write?

I write mainly science-fiction and fantasy stories. I've tried to write straightforward stories, but a little alien or some magical creatures always find a way in when I'm writing.

Question 5: Where can we find out more about both of your creative endeavors?
  
You can find my covers at http://www.coverd.wix.com/premadecovers. My website/blog is at http://www.gayleramage.co.uk, where you can also find links to my books.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, Jodi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing it, and I'm glad it worked out well. :-)

      Jodi

      Delete